Vastu for Commercial Complex
In this era of fast development and equally faster growing population, the small towns and cities are changing into metro cities. With increase in population the land scarcity for residential and commercial activities is building up very fast. Hence, multi-storied buildings for commercial activities are being constructed and the number of such complexes is increasing fast day by day. With increasing production, the business houses are opening their offices and showrooms in numbers for marketing their products. Therefore buildings for these commercial purposes have become a necessity. And such offices are being operated for multi-storied commercial complexes.
While construction of multistoried complexes most of the Vaastu principles can not be followed. Due to high price, most of the value for the price is taken and maximum utilization of space is done. Even doing so, if the rules laid in Vaastu are followed while construction of commercial complex they gain fame and are sold quickly and the business or offices operating for such buildings become profitable.
A rectangular plot of side ratios between 1:1 to 1:2 are best suited for the purpose. Constructions on such plots is auspicious and is beneficial not only to the owners but also to the occupants who rent or buy the commercial units in such constructions. There should be enough space left around the building. More open space towards North and East side of the Building as compared to south and west sides. Lawn in north side open space and parking in east side is auspicious. Slope of the land should be from south to North and West to East. As far as possible the main gate should never be in South-west zone of the plot. The height of the main door to the building should be more than the entry doors of individual units in the complex.
Any underground water storage or tube-well may be constructed either in North or North-East zone of the plot. Where as, overhead water storage tanks may be put in north-west. Waste water drained out of the building and also the rain water should flow towards the north or east directions. If the trees are used in horticulture, tall and dense trees should not be near the building. They should be such planted that their shadow does not drop on the building till 4 pm in evening. Every floor should be constructed in such a manner that fresh air should flow freely in every room. There should be provision of day light to enter in every room of the building.
If attached toilet is to be provided with any room in the complex, it should be in the south portion of the room. If store room is required along with the office, it should be in the south or west part of the room. It is advisable to construct stairs in the south or west zone of the main building. Stairs in north or east portion of the building are not auspicious. In complexes, builder try to use each and every inch of space available and thus sometime causes blunders. The complexes, which are made according to vastu, are very famous and successful if compared to other ones.
- The major construction of the building should be in South/West side of the area.
- The generators and other electrical equipments should always be kept in the southeast corner.
- Staircase should be provided on southwest and should always be clockwise while climbing up.
- Bore-well, underground tank should be in Northeast.
- The overhead tank should be made in the Southwest.
- Adequate lawns with big trees should be developed in south and west and the lawns with tender plants and with lot of water should be planted in the north or east side.
- A small temple can be constructed in northeast corner or the center of the building. The temple can have entrance from all the four sides or from east and north but one should be careful that the entrance gate of the temple should not be in front of the entrance gate of any complex or shop.
- The toilet should be constructed in Northwest or Western corner and never in Northeast corner.
- The slope of the land should be towards North or East.
- There should be lot of windows on the North & East walls as compared to South & West walls.
- The shape of the building should always be regular.